AMC Neurology Group Clinical Research Center
The Cure Begins with Research
AMC Neurology Group Clinical Research Center (formerly Upstate Clinical Research) specializes in phase II and III clinical trials for Alzheimer’s disease and a variety of other neurological conditions. Our staff of board certified, fellowship-trained neurologists and certified research nurses provides quality research opportunities to patients in the Capital District and upstate NY.
Some of the neurologic conditions currently under study include: Alzheimer’s disease, Diabetic Neuropathy, Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI), and Multiple Sclerosis (MS).
What is clinical research?
Clinical research involves testing the safety, effectiveness and side effects of an investigational drug, treatment or device.
Who can participate in a research study?
Every research protocol has a unique set of entrance criteria that must be met before you can enroll into a study. These criteria may include: your age, the severity of your disease, other medical conditions and your current medications.
What benefits can I expect?
- You may benefit by receiving some relief of your medical condition that is being studied.
- Your participation may help researchers find new treatments that could benefit you and many other people in the future.
- You may learn new information about your medical condition.
- You will receive study-related medical exams, tests and study medication at no cost to you.
- There is no guarantee that you will receive any personal benefit from participating in a research study, but you will contribute to the general understanding of your condition.
If you would like to find out if you are eligible to participate in a study, please contact us at 533-1570 or email@example.com**.
AMC Neurology Group Clinical Research Center is located at 400 Patroon Creek Blvd., Suite 210, Albany.
**Please do not send any medical information via e-mail as it is not a secure form of communication.